Between our team retreat to Miami (filled with bright colors and art deco goodness) and all of our super creative brides and grooms (we’re currently in the process of designing a ton of early summer wedding invitations), we have been soooo inspired lately! When trying to nail down a wedding paper design inspiration, a lot of people turn to us for ideas on how to make their event special. From wedding invitations and birthday parties, to bridal showers and birth announcements, we’ve taken design inspiration from the most original places! And we want to share some of that inspiration with y’all!! Here’s a small sampling of some of the most creative design inspiration we’ve received:
1. John’s Island Club: When creating a couple’s custom wedding monogram, some couple’s choose to stick with a traditional interlocking monogram, which of course we love (so classic)! Others choose to incorporate something significant from their courtship or wedding into their monogram. For Stephanie and David’s wedding monogram, we found an amazing decorative accent from their wedding venue (the John’s Island Club in Vero Beach, FL) and incorporated it into their wedding monogram. That decorative accent was none other than a bench that overlooks the pool! It is such an amazing piece, with a unique shape and lattice elements, that we couldn’t help but pull inspiration from it. We combined the bench with a tropical palm tree, and the couple’s monograms. We love using personal elements for our bride and groom’s wedding paper design inspiration!
Here’s the bench at the John’s Island Club that inspired their custom wedding monogram.
2. Ralph Lauren Wedding: Last year, we created an amazing wedding invitation for Lauren and Brian, who tied the knot at the Foxhall Hunting and Sport Club just outside Atlanta. For Lauren’s wedding paper design inspiration, she wanted to incorporate the feel of their unique venue into their invitations, while also celebrating the holiday season. The first thing that came to our minds was an invitation inspired by the wonderful world of Ralph Lauren. Think classic tartan plaid, a rich color palette, all tied together with a regal custom wedding monogram. The finished product of their save the dates and wedding invitations are a creation fit for Ralph himself!!
3. Ginger Jars: When we first talked to bride Mallory about her wedding day, she mentioned how ginger jars were going to be the centerpiece of her wedding reception. As ladies who greatly appreciate traditional decor, we decided to run with the classic pieces are design inspiration. We couldn’t help but be inspired by the blue and white chinoiserie designs, so we incorporated it into all wedding pieces from the save the date, to the wedding invitation, and even on all of their welcome bag swag. The finished product was nothing short of amazing!!
4. Anthropologie Wallpaper: When designing a custom baby shower invitation, is there any better inspiration than the wallpaper adorning the baby’s nursery? No! And especially when that wallpaper is as gorgeous as their watercolor peony wallpaper! We took the peonies and colors of the wallpaper, paired it with the baby’s new monogram and a coordinating lattice pattern, and made one swanky invitation! We of course created lots of matching party swag, including these cute cards to create a bucket list for the new little girl! So cute!
5. Lilly Pulitzer: We are so inspired by Lilly, who pulls inspiration from the bright colors and patterns of the Palm Beach lifestyle. We’ve created a plethora of Lilly-inspired invitations, but one of our all time favorites has to be this Lilly-inspired welcome box. The fun couple behind these boxes, Kwynn and Chris, came to us wanting a way to really make their guests from all around the country feel welcome at their Florida wedding. So we helped them design these Lilly-inspired wedding welcome boxes! The boxes included a custom pattern which incorporated different nautical creatures and tropical colors. Check out the finished product!
Dying for more pictures of Kwynn and Chris’ wedding welcome box? Be sure to check back for a full recap of their beautiful boxes later in the week!!
Nico and Lala